This quinoa salad is super easy to make and will come together in about 20 minutes. I love eating it after the gym because of its high protein content. Served with a healthy dose of fresh vegetables and extra virgin olive oil, I get a truly nutritious post-workout snack that is light yet very filling.
Also try it as a side dish if you’re preparing a complete meal. Feel free to use your favorite herbs – I used parsley here because that’s what I had on hand, but this also goes very well with cilantro, basil, or mint. If you eat dairy, a nice crumble of feta cheese would complement this very well.
Easy Quinoa Salad
This is a single serving (since I only make it for myself), please adjust your measurements accordingly.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced. I prefer Persian cukes, since you don’t have to peel them
- small bunch of parsley, or any herb of your choice, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chardonnay balsamic vinegar
- Combine the cooked quinoa, make sure it’s cooled down, with all the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and finish with the EVOO and chardonnay vinegar.
- If you eat dairy, add a few crumbles of feta.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. You can leave it in the fridge overnight and have it for lunch the next day if you prefer.
Munch away and pack on the muscle!