This Nutella Swirl Banana Bread will satisfy a lot of cravings all at the same time – you’re getting sweet, moist banana flavor, complemented by the baked-in Nutella that melts into the bread. I love this as dessert, on the rare occasion I eat Nutella, but you can have this at any time of the day. And to my defense, there really isn’t that much Nutella in this, but it’s just enough to give you a good hint of it and to complement the banana flavor. If you’re a Nutella fanatic and must have more, just spread a little on top of your slice when you’re ready to eat your bread.
Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp milk (your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 oz sugar
- 3 tbsp. Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with some olive oil or butter.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, and salt together first. Then mix together the egg, sweetener, and apple sauce. Fold in the we mixture into the dry and mix well. When blended, add the milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas and continue to mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-greased pan. Take a tablespoon of Nutella and start putting down a thick line of it straight down the center of the pan, on top of the bread mixture. After you’ve created a thick line down the middle, take a short knife and start lightly swirling the Nutella out, starting from the center and going outwards. Alternate the directions of the swirls. Once you’re done with that, you’re ready to bake.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before removing it from the loaf pan. Cut into slices and enjoy!