In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on an avocado kick lately, but this is a birthday party classic I make every year. Why is it THE Ultimate Party Guacamole you may ask? Because it skips on the garlic and amps up the flavor with a secret ingredient – a tablespoon of Chardonnay Balsamic Vinegar. You still get onion breath, because let’s face it, you can’t skip the onion in this, but it’s not nearly as bad as garlic breath.
I give you – my best guacamole and you will also notice that I am stepping up my photography game because I just got a Nikon D750 for my birthday
Ultimate Party Guacamole
Serves a party of about 6
- 4 ripe avocados, mashed (I find a potato masher the best tool for this)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, finely diced, depending on your spice preference. Note to self and you – wear gloves when you dice hot peppers, especially if you are a contact lens wearer, like I am
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. Chardonnay Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take your mashed avocado, throw in the onion, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice. Add the vinegar, then salt and pepper. Mix well, taste for seasoning, and adjust as needed. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies as soon as you can, topped with chopped cilantro and more diced jalapeños. If you want to make this ahead of time, it stores quite well in the fridge overnight, covered with plastic or in an airtight container.