It’s Monday and you know you’ve been bad this weekend – if you’re anything like me. Make this salad for dinner tonight and you will feel loads better and satisfied because the chickpeas in this are full of protein. This is a very simple recipe so feel free to adjust everything to your liking. This being my entire meal, I like to eat it with pita bread or toasted tortillas. Of course this also makes a great side salad that goes with practically everything.
Simple Mediterranean Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 of small red onion, finely diced
- fresh mint, chopped, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. wine vinegar of your choice
- Combine all the vegetables and herbs in a large bowl, add salt and pepper, drizzle with the EVOO, add the vinegar, toss well to combine. Finish with a sprinkling of mint and/or parsley and serve. This can also stay in the fridge for a couple of hours and chill.